Before Your First Visits
· Prepare the questions and concerns you would like to discuss with your therapist.
· Ensure that all signs and symptoms are noted down.
· Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
· Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
· Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
· Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
On Your First Visit,
· You will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
· You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
· During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Your physical therapist will also answer any questions you may have about therapy and your condition. Open communication helps us get you better.
· Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
· Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
· There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
· You will schedule a series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist and physician. We offer many convenient appointment times.
· Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professional who you choose.
If you have any questions at anytime, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery
Workers Compensation Board (WCB)
If you have injured yourself at work, informed your employer, and need to file a claim through the Worker’s Compensation Board, and inform them of the accident that took place.
Both you and your employer are required to complete and submit WCB Reports. You can easily submit your Worker’s Report of Injury online at www.wcb.ab.ca.
Our physiotherapists and staff are very experienced with WCB procedures, and have seen many cases of workplace injuries.
WCB always covers the initial visit, and first treatment cost. Further approval could be based on the severity of your injury, along with the length of time you may be approved for treatments.
WCB usually approves up to a maximum of twenty-one (21) treatments over a maximum of six (6) consecutive calendar weeks
Motor Vehicle Collision Insurance
See below for steps to take when you are involved in a motor vehicle accident.
1) Inform your insurance company
Whether you were a diver, or passenger at the time of the incident. You need to file an injury accident report to your insurance company, this will open up a motor vehicle claim that will help you get the treatment you need.
2) Get assessed by your physiotherapist
Schedule an assessment with your physiotherapist as soon as possible, our staff and physiotherapist will submit reports to your auto insurance company, and determine a treatment plan based on your injuries. Your physiotherapist will help insure you are covered in protocol treatments.
We accept the insurance plans listed below. If your plan is not listed, please call us as we are always adding new insurance plans.
- Great-West Life
- Sun Life Financial
- First Canadian Insurance Corporation
- Maximum Benefit
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Cowan Insurance Group
- Johnson Insurance
- Standard Life
- Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- SSQ Insurance
We recommend that you verify with your health plan what physiotherapy benefits you have available